Our annual summer weekend kicks off on the Saturday with the Dick Mayo Sprint. A 3/4 lap sprint around the prestigious Castle Combe Circuit.
Experience the thrill of speed at our free car event!
- Enter through the competitors entrance and park on the grass.
- Enjoy hot catering in the cafe or pack a picnic for the day.
- Watch 160 cars race from standard road cars to 170mph racing cars.
- Take a free paddock transfer to get up close to the action.
- Use the toilets and facilities on site.
This is a great opportunity to see some of the fastest cars up close. With free entry and plenty of facilities, this is an event the whole family can enjoy.
The event will be held on a beautiful track with plenty of space to watch the action. There will be a variety of cars to see, from classic race cars to modern supercars. The event will be contended by a team of experienced drivers who will be happy to answer any questions you have. There will be a prize for the fastest car in each class.
So what are you waiting for? Come and experience the thrill of speed!
Marshals & Volunteers
Get closest to the action as a marshal. No experience is necessary as you will have an experienced marshal with you. Many people gather a few friends to marshal a post together. Marshals are required for the following roles:
- Post marshals: Watch the action from trackside. The view from posts is vastly different to the view from the spectator areas. Responsible for communicating with control and putting out red flags as necessary. All posts have a roof to keep the sun off your head.
- Paddock marshals: Keep the drivers on their toes and make sure they’re ready to head to the start line when their number is called.
- Start line marshals: Line the cars up on the start line with the timing gear.
- Camera operators: Film the cars on the track for the live stream.
- Live stream directors: Follow the action on track, providing a video feed to the commentary team and managing the comments from viewers around the world.
All marshals are entered into a prize draw and receive a free hot lunch.
One practice and three timed runs are planned for the event, subject to conditions on the day.
Classes for Under 17s and electric vehicles. The event is a round of the following championships:
- Bristol Speed Championship
- Bristol Two Litre Cup
- Bristol MX5 Challenge
- TyreMarks ASWMC Sprint Championship.
- The Trident Engineering Welsh Sprint & Hillclimb Championship
- Classic Marques Speed Challenge
- Tunbridge Wells Motor Club (TWMC) All Circuit Sprint Championship
- Sevenoaks and District Motor Club, speed League Championship
- Sevenoaks and District Motor Club, speed League pre 1980 historic car Championship
- Petro-Canada Lubricants Porsche Club Speed Championship with Pirelli
The event will be live streamed on our Facebook and YouTube channels.