We are short of marshals for the Great Western Sprint next Saturday 14th October. Whether you’re experienced or not, we have space for you at the event. In exchange for your time, you will get an unrivalled view of the competition with a roof to shade the sun and a free hot lunch. Get in touch with Mark Benstock if you can help.
There is no charge for spectators. Please use the competitors entrance and park on the grass. Practice starts at 09:00 and timed runs will commence shortly afterwards, likely around 11:00 with a break for lunch likely after the first timed runs. You can listen to commentary through the live stream on Facebook and YouTube and live timing on the TSL Timing website. The cafe will be open all day with indoor and outdoor seating, hot food and toilets. You can view the competition from the spectator banking around the circuit and see the cars and drivers up close in the paddock. Download the entry list here or view below.
|Number||Driver’s Name||Make||Model||Class||Capacity||2nd driver|
|Class A0 Junior Drivers Class competing in Standard Cars up to 1400cc|
|Class A1 Roadgoing Series Production Cars up to 1400cc|
|83||David Ashurst||Fiat||Punto Sporting||A1||1368|
|Class A2 Roadgoing Series Production Cars over 1400cc up to 1800cc|
|776||Mark Tooth||Lotus||Elise||A2||1796||Claire Tooth|
|78||Peter Ramsden||Toyota||MR2 SMT||A2||1794|
|77||Christopher Wells||Mazda||MX5 NC 2010||A2||1800|
|76||Claire Tooth||Lotus||Elise||A2||1796||Mark Tooth|
|Class A3 Roadgoing Series Production Cars over 1800cc up to 2600cc|
|762||Christopher Burch||Mazda||MX-5 RS||A3||1840||
|74||Dan Trotman||Toyota||GR Yaris||A3||1618T|
|73||Davie Man||Alfa Romeo||4C||A3||1750T|
|72||Michael Wells||Mazda||MX5 NC||A3||1999|
|70||Trevor Harland||Toyota||GR Yaris||A3||1600T|
|69||Trevor Park||Toyota Yaris||GR||A3||1600T|
|66||Martin Prescott||Ford||Fiesta ST||A3||1596T|
|64||Pete Goodman||Lotus||Elise 220||A3||1800T|
|63||Stuart Browne||Ford||Fiesta ST||A3||1596T|
|62||Richard Morton||Mazda||Mx-5 RS||A3||1840||
|Class A4 Roadgoing Series Production Cars over 2600cc|
|61||Matthew Bennett||Porsche||91- turbo||A4||3600T|
|59||Dave Broadway||Tesla||Mod 3 Performance||A4||0|
|58||Philip James||Porsche||Cayman 718 GT4||A4||4000|
|Classe B2 Road Cars Specialist Production- Car engines 1400cc to 1800cc and over 1800cc|
|756||Chris Price||Caterham||7 Roadsport||B2||1796||Chris Bennett|
|56||Chris Bennett||Caterham||7 Roadsport||B2||1796||Chris Price|
|55||James Nash *||Caterham||Roadsport||B2||1796|
|Classe B3 Road Cars Specialist Production- Car engines over 1800cc & all M/C engines|
|Classes C1 Modified Series Production Cars – engines up to 1400cc|
|748||Aaron Smith||Austin||Mini Cooper S AppK KAD||C1||1293||Piers Thynne|
|48||Piers Thynne||Austin||Mini Cooper S App K KAD||C1||1293||Aaron Smith|
|Classes C2 Modified Series Production Cars – engines over 1400cc up to 1800cc|
|47||Elen Worthington||Lotus||Elise S1||C2||1796|
|46||Nigel Smith||Ford Escort||Mark II||C2||1600|
|Class C3 Modified Cars Series Production over 1800cc|
|43||Alison Lock||Mitsubishi||Lancer Evo IV||C3||2300T|
|41||Richard Williams||Porsche||911 GT3 Cup Car||C3||3600|
|39||Simon Pollock||Toyota||Mr2 Mk2||C3||1998T|
|38||Stephen Moore||Mitsubishi||Evo 6||C3||2300T|
|35||John Fordy||Porsche||911 RSR||C3||3000|
|34||Robert Lock||Mini||Cooper S R53||C3||1600T|
|Class C4 Modified Cars Specialist Production – Car and Motor cycle engines|
|30||Zoe Kingham||Westfield SEW||SBD Westifield Ecoboost||C4||1596T|
|Class D1 Sports Libre Cars up to 1800cc|
|Class D2 Sports Libre Cars over 1800cc|
|7||Simon Bainbridge||SB Racing||Chrono||D2||4200T|
|Class D3 Rally Cars any capacity|
|25||Mike Butler||Ford||Escort mk2||D3||1988|
|24||Paul Arberry||Vauxhall||Chevette HS||D3||2000|
|Class E1 Racing Cars up to 1100cc|
|23||Mike Hawke||Phoenix – Historic||750MC||E1||850|
|Class E2 Racing Cars over 1100cc up to 1600cc|
|17||Carole Torkington||SBD OMS||CF08||E2||1585|
|16||Fyrth Crosse||DEMPSTER ENSIGN||LNF3||E2||1595|
|4||Steve Broughton||DJ||SBD DJ Firehawk CT004||E2||1440|
|Class E3 Racing Cars over 1600cc up to 2000cc|
|715||Gary Buckingham||Reynard||Formula Vauxhall||E3||1998||
|6||Stephen Miles||Van Diemen||RF96mm2020||E3||1998|
|15||Michael Froggett||Raynard||Formula Vauxhall||E3||1998||
|Class E4 Racing Cars over 2000cc|
|Class A6 Bristol MX5 Challenge|
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. THEY HAVE THE SAME FORCE AS THE SUPPLEMENTARY
REGULATIONS PREVIOUSLY ISSUED.
1. CHANGES TO OFFICIALS: None
2. PARKING: There is adequate space for competing cars, trailers and one support vehicle in the paddock.
3. CIRCUIT LOCATION: The circuit is 5 miles NW of Chippenham on the B4039. Competitors should follow the
brown chequered flag road signs. Use junction 18 from M4 WEST, junction 17 from M4 EAST.
4. ARRIVAL: The circuit will be open for competitors from 15:00 to 19:00 on Friday 13th October (if arriving at
the circuit after 19.00 please contact the circuit on 01249 782417 as the gate may be locked) and from 07:00
onwards on Saturday 14th October. Camping is allowed in the paddock on the Friday night.
5. OVERNIGHT PARKING: Is allowed on Friday only. Overnight parking will not be permitted after the meeting
on Saturday night; all cars must vacate the venue at the end of the meeting on Saturday.
6. PADDOCK: The paddock will be laid out by class please park in the allocated space. Access to the start line
area will be via the gate adjacent to the Strawford Centre and will be controlled by the Paddock Marshal.
Please come to the gate promptly when called.
7. SIGNING-ON: This will be in person this year, in the drivers signing on area in the paddock. Competition
licences, Championship Registration Cards and Club Membership Cards will be inspected. Please bring these
with you. Drivers not signed on by 9.30 may be excluded.
8. ENGINES: Engines of competing cars must not be run before 08:30, except for the Sound Emissions test.
This is a Castle Combe Circuit planning order regulation and competitors contravening this regulation may
be excluded from the meeting.
9. SCRUTINEERING: Will take place in your paddock position.
10. SILENCING/SOUND EMISSION TESTING: Testing will also take place outside the Srawford Centre just before
Practice and random tests may be made at such other time and place as the Chief Scrutineer may decide.
Cars failing the test will not be permitted to compete and must not run their engines in the paddock, except
for a re-test. Action may be taken by the circuit management against those who fail to observe this
11. NON PUMP FUEL: Competitors using any fuel other than that obtainable at normal UK filling stations, must
display an orange Day-Glo disc adjacent to their competition number.
12. As there will be NO CONVOY RUNS, competitors are permitted to walk or cycle one full lap of the circuit
provided they are clear of the circuit by 08:30. The circuit will be open for this purpose at 07:15.Competitors
should allow 30 minutes for walking, and 10 minutes for cycling.
13. TYRE WARMING: Tyre warming by wheel spinning anywhere within the venue is strictly prohibited. Failure
to comply may result in exclusion from the competition. The use of any other artificial means of warming
vehicle tyres is also prohibited.
14. ASSEMBLY AREA: Please follow the assembly Marshals instructions. There is a 10MPH speed limit in this area
the same as the paddock. If entering the area from the pit lane entry for double drives be re-runs, be aware of other cars coming direct from the paddock. Driver changes should be done on the right hand side of the
pit lane, cars must not stop where they would block the rescue units.
15. PRACTICE: Is scheduled to start promptly at 09:00. Competitors will be called to the assembly area in class,
by the commentator or paddock marshal. Practice will follow the order as on the entry list. Practice run may
not be timed.
16. TIMED RUNS: Running order for the timed runs will be the same as for practice.
17. Double-driven cars should be at the start and end if their class either of the two drivers can go first. The
correct number must be shown for each driver.
18. Starting order: Individual starting order will be as determined by the formation area and start line
marshals. The start signal will be a green light, competitors to start promptly in their own time.
19. OVERTAKING: Competitors are reminded that overtaking is not permitted. A competitor who feels that he
has been “baulked” by a preceding car should apply to the Clerk of the Course for a re-run.
20. STARTS: Competitors start in their own time after a green light signal. An automatic light controlled vehicle
alignment system may be used.
21. FLAGS/Lights: On being shown a red flag or red light competitors MUST immediately slow down and [Q.15.1
(j)], unless otherwise directed, competitors should complete the lap at reduced speed and exit the circuit via
the pit lane entry road at the next opportunity, don’t complete another lap if you are on your first. Go to the
Paddock Marshal who will organise a re-run following authorisation from the Clerk of the Course.
22. AWARDS: All awards, except for Best Bristol MC (Castle Combe Plate), will be presented at the end of the
meeting. The presentations will be made in the Strawford Centre. Awards not collected on the day may not
Bristol Motor Club hope you have an enjoyable day’s motorsport.
Paul Parker, Simon Mayo, Dave Potts, Mike Cole – Clerks of the Course
Adrian Taylor & Alan Want – Secretaries of the Meeting